Sunday 22 July 2012

Mac Studio Finish Concealer/Collection Lasting Perfection

Concealers are one of those products that are either a must have in your makeup collection, or something you like but don't reach for everyday. I never used concealer in the past due to laziness but I've found more use for it over the last couple years. I tend to use concealer mostly under my eyes. I don't have bad under eye circles but i prefer my whole face to be flawless and even. If there's a blemish that sticks out like a sore thumb, i would definitely reach for my concealer! I also use it to tidy up the edges of my eyebrows.

I usually use Mac's Studio Finish concealer in NC20 until recently when I picked up Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer. I had to try it after all the great things I've heard.

Studio Finish concealer is 'A lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer'. It claims to be long wearing, it has an ingredient which absorbs the skins oils and contains SPF 35. It comes in the standard Mac pot and retails at £14.50. It is definitely creamy and blends nicely but i find it sinks into the fine lines under my eyes and creases. The coverage is medium/full and covers any redness i get around my nose, but when i use this under the eye area i find it dries my skin out. By the end of a normal day, it's pretty much gone so it doesn't last all day on my skin. I like using it to tidy up the edges of my brows with a fine brush but that's pretty much all i use it for. The great thing about Mac in general, is their wide range of colours so most people will be able to match themselves up. There's 7g's of product so it will last you ages. I've had mine for months and i've hardly made a dent in it!
Top- Lasting Perfection
Bottom- Studio Finish
The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is the 'ultimate wear concealer which provides full coverage for up to 16 hours of flawless skin'. It's oil free, water resistant and is a full coverage concealer. Its priced at a whopping £4.19, a fraction of the price of the Studio Finish. Since I got the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, I've been using it religiously. I have the shade 03 medium, which is too dark, but it blends so easily I can get away with it for now. It's great for blemishes and imperfections. It's not classed as an under eye concealer but i still use it under my eyes... just not so much under my eye area at the moment because I like a lighter concealer to brighten. I love the consistency. It's a lot thicker than the Studio Finish concealer and I love that it lasts all day on me. It doesn't feel like it's going to slide of my face! It doesn't sink into my fine lines as much as Studio Finish, and i find it more hydrating so It doesn't dry my skin out. I definitely prefer the packaging. It's more hygienic and so much easier to use in a rush. It looks really smooth under the eyes whereas the Studio Finish looked too dry and opaque. The only downside to this concealer is the fact it only comes in 4 shades (Boo). I will definitely be purchasing a lighter shade to conceal under my eyes.

If I had to repurchase one it would definitely be Collection Lasting Perfection without a doubt. Aside from the significant price difference, it's definitely the concealer that suits me best.

What do you think of both concealers? Have you tried them?


(I have normal/combination skin)

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post, I've always wondered whether Mac would tempt me with its concealer but I'll remember to stick by Collection 2000 on this one, thanks for saving me money! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god for the Collection 2000 one..I think it has saved alot of people! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Collection concealer, and I like studio finish but much prefer studio sculpt!xx

    Samantha's Secret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo maybe I should try Studio sculpt instead then. X

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried either but next time I go to MAC I wanna get the studio finish concealor! :)

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you've done this post, I've always wondered about that MAC Studio Finish concealer as I'm currently using the MAC Mineralized Concealer, didn't know how well it would blend and if it stayed all day but you've kindly answered that for me. I really love the coverage Mineralized Concealer gives me so I think I'll be sticking to it and won't bother testing Studio Finish, might be worth you trying Mineralized but work better for you as it doesn't crease under my eye.

    Natalie xxx

    fattywithers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own both of these and I love them both but I definitely prefer the collection 2000. I use that everyday whereas the Mac one I only use if I have something that needs a lot of extra coverage! This is such a good post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear by my Collection 2000 Concealer, its definitely the best that I've ever used and stays on for so long- maybe not for the amount of time they advertise, but certainly a long time! Although the lightest one is still too dark for my natural skin colour!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog that I stumbled onto! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. you can see my link to your site as well the directions on my blog: www.stellabobella.com

    xo

    marissa florence

    ReplyDelete
  9. i found the exzact same thing with the mac ! left my under eye area so dry it works quite nice to do the v look under the eye and down the cheek but isnt something id use every day, the collection 2000 however is the one i use daily! love your blog! ive recently started and its good to look around! x

    ReplyDelete